Welcome back for another edition of Freshman Friday, a weekly installment using only kitchen appliances that can be used in a dorm and food stuffs that can fit in a mini fridge.
Last week, breakfast. This week, lunch. I can’t say this is how it will work out every week, but if it works, it works, right?
So, for me, lunch often needs to be quick to make and easy to carry. Enter stage left, english muffin pizzas. They require ingredients that can be left in the fridge for weeks, can be put together in less than 5 minutes, and, depending on your eating habits, can be consumed in less than 10. So, all this prattle about a quick meal is a little counterintuitive, huh? Well, onto the recipe.
English Muffin Toaster Pizzas
- English muffin (as many as you want)
- Cheese (I used shredded mozzarella)
- Sauce (I used canned tomato sauce and added some parsley and Italian seasonings, but if you have prepared sauce, go ahead)
- Toppings (I used pepperoni, you may use whatever you like, but remember you’re limited by the width of your toaster)
- Split your english muffin.
- Spoon on your sauce. I used about 3/4 of a tablespoon. You can use more, but apply with caution, you don’t want to have to clean out your toaster. I’ve never done it, but I can imagine, it’s not pretty.
- Add your cheese and toppings.
- Turn your toaster on its side and put one muffin slice on each level. Here, I had to push down on my pizza a bit to get it to fit.
- Toast to your hearts content. I did one round at level 3.5, but next time, I will do two rounds, rotating the muffins between toasting rounds.
This method can also be used to make delicious grilled cheese sandwiches. Toast away!
Final Verdict: Delicious.
If there is something you’d like to see created for Freshman Friday, let me know. See you next week!